LA CROSSE, Wis. - The festival season gets underway this weekend with some beer, wine, and cheese tasting.
A sold out crowd is expected at the "Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese" festival Saturday afternoon in La Crosse.
The annual event showcases more than 200 beers, 40 wines, and a variety of cheeses.
It's a fundraiser for nine local groups like the Mount La Crosse Ski Patrol and the Town of Campbell First Responders.
It's also a boost to our local economy. "There's 4 different hotels that have people staying with them, one of which is full for the event, so we're not only attracting local people, but we're attracting people from the upper midwest to come to this event," said La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Executive Director Dave Clements.
The festival starts Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Oktoberfest grounds. It's $35 at the gate and first come first serve as organizers are expecting to sell out.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse