LA CROSSE, Wis. - The festival season gets underway this weekend with some beer, wine, and cheese tasting.
A sold out crowd is expected at the "Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese" festival Saturday afternoon in La Crosse.
The annual event showcases more than 200 beers, 40 wines, and a variety of cheeses.
It's a fundraiser for nine local groups like the Mount La Crosse Ski Patrol and the Town of Campbell First Responders.
It's also a boost to our local economy. "There's 4 different hotels that have people staying with them, one of which is full for the event, so we're not only attracting local people, but we're attracting people from the upper midwest to come to this event," said La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Executive Director Dave Clements.
The festival starts Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Oktoberfest grounds. It's $35 at the gate and first come first serve as organizers are expecting to sell out.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016