LA CROSSE, Wis. - Rain or shine, an annual concert is ready to celebrate the Fourth of July.
The Festival Foods Salute to the 4th Pops Concert took place Saturday evening.
The Coulee Region Steel Band took the stage at 7 p.m. followed by the La Crosse Symphony Orchestra at 8:30 p.m.
Organizers said even with Saturday's rainy weather, they were confident the event would draw a good crowd.20775704
"Last year, we estimated around 8,000 people, so the weather will determine the people that come out, but we have some diehard community fans that come out for the concert no matter what," said Tracy Fell of the La Crosse Symphony Orchestra.
The concert costs $40,000 to put on.
Organizers said it's completely funded by their sponsors to make sure it's free for the community.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge