LA CROSSE, Wis. - Runners are lacing up their shoes in preparation for Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon.
About 3,000 runners will take part in the annual race Saturday that used to be known as the La Crosse Fitness Festival.
There are a number of events ranging from 100 yard dashes for the kids to the 13.1 mile run through the city.19949520
Organizers say it's not possible to pull off the event without the help of volunteers, and they need about 300 for Saturday's big race alone. "We have people that help at the finish line, they hand out participant food and medals, but we also need people along the course, we have volunteer staff at each of the intersections basically helping to control traffic and to keep runners safe," said Kerry Gloede.
The half marathon starts Saturday at 8:00 a.m. on top of Grandad Bluff.
For more information on the race or to find out how you can volunteer click here.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer