LA CROSSE, Wis. - Runners are lacing up their shoes in preparation for Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon.
About 3,000 runners will take part in the annual race Saturday that used to be known as the La Crosse Fitness Festival.
There are a number of events ranging from 100 yard dashes for the kids to the 13.1 mile run through the city.19949520
Organizers say it's not possible to pull off the event without the help of volunteers, and they need about 300 for Saturday's big race alone. "We have people that help at the finish line, they hand out participant food and medals, but we also need people along the course, we have volunteer staff at each of the intersections basically helping to control traffic and to keep runners safe," said Kerry Gloede.
The half marathon starts Saturday at 8:00 a.m. on top of Grandad Bluff.
For more information on the race or to find out how you can volunteer click here.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse