MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold is back on the campaign trail, this time stumping for Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in the governor-recall race.
Feingold's appearance in Milwaukee on Tuesday was his first with Barrett since the mayor won the Democratic recall primary. Barrett faces Republican Gov. Scott Walker in next month's recall election.
Feingold told reporters he remembers working with Barrett when Feingold was a U.S. senator and Barrett a congressman. Feingold calls Barrett honest, ethical and decent, and says he has the Wisconsin values that Walker lacks.
The Democratic Feingold served three terms before losing a re-election bid in 2010. He says he's planning to make more appearances on Barrett's behalf ahead of the June 5 election.
Walker's campaign spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants