LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse County Health Department Farmers' Market Challenge will run for four weeks beginning on Monday, July 7.
The summer Challenge encourages people to visit a Farmers' Market and purchase fresh produce weekly while saving money.
The challenge also allows people to:
- Meet the farmer who grew your food and obtain the freshest foods.
- Learn how to use the five tastes to enjoy more fruits and vegetables.
- Decrease your Carbon Footprint by purchasing local produce.
- Gain practical tips and tasty recipes through weekly emails.
- Stay motivated by tracking your progress on the Challenge Log.
- Submit the Farmer's Market Log, and be eligible for prizes.
The deadline to register is Thursday, July 3. Click here to register for the Farmers' Market Challenge.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.