LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse County Health Department Farmers' Market Challenge will run for four weeks beginning on Monday, July 7.
The summer Challenge encourages people to visit a Farmers' Market and purchase fresh produce weekly while saving money.
The challenge also allows people to:
- Meet the farmer who grew your food and obtain the freshest foods.
- Learn how to use the five tastes to enjoy more fruits and vegetables.
- Decrease your Carbon Footprint by purchasing local produce.
- Gain practical tips and tasty recipes through weekly emails.
- Stay motivated by tracking your progress on the Challenge Log.
- Submit the Farmer's Market Log, and be eligible for prizes.
The deadline to register is Thursday, July 3. Click here to register for the Farmers' Market Challenge.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East