LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse Mayoral candidate released phase three Thursday of his plan to revitalize local neighborhoods.
Doug Farmer has already outlined his plan to invest money into refurbishing homes, and cutting down on neighborhood crime. Phase three is to control property taxes.
He is calling for an Executive budget. It would be created by the mayor after working with each individual department head.
It's been done in the past, but not under the current mayor.19517714
Farmer says the overall goal is to level off property taxes. "If you just keep them from growing and let the other community catch up, it will be good for us, we need to give people a chance to stay in their own homes and that's what we're after here, not tax them out of their houses," said Farmer.
Voters will decided between Farmer and Tim Kabat on Tuesday.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking