LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse Mayoral candidate released phase three Thursday of his plan to revitalize local neighborhoods.
Doug Farmer has already outlined his plan to invest money into refurbishing homes, and cutting down on neighborhood crime. Phase three is to control property taxes.
He is calling for an Executive budget. It would be created by the mayor after working with each individual department head.
It's been done in the past, but not under the current mayor.19517714
Farmer says the overall goal is to level off property taxes. "If you just keep them from growing and let the other community catch up, it will be good for us, we need to give people a chance to stay in their own homes and that's what we're after here, not tax them out of their houses," said Farmer.
Voters will decided between Farmer and Tim Kabat on Tuesday.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners