LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse mayoral candidate has picked up another endorsement from a former opponent.
Rich Smith announced Tuesday he is supporting Doug Farmer in his run for Mayor.
Smith is the fifth former candidate to endorse Farmer who says he's honored to get the support of a former primary opponent.
Smith says he is backing Farmer because of his focus on revitalizing neighborhoods which Smith says is the most important issue in this campaign. "We gotta reserect those neighborhoods, they are deteriorating and if we get past the tipping point they're gone and then you've got a mess," said Smith.
Farmer faces Tim Kabat in the Spring election April second.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death