LA CROSSE, Wis. - Nearly 5,000 people spent Thursday night at the La Crosse Center watching some of our local rising basketball stars. And in the crowd, you was a good amount of pink.
It was part of an organized 'pink-out' encouraging everyone to wear pink in support of families and friends affected by cancer.18370896
It's the fourth year the Onalaska boys golf team has collected money through a 50-50 raffle to support the Midwest Athletics Against Childhood Cancer fund. "It's really just our way of showing support and getting the word out that there's a lot of people in our community affected by cancer and a lot of children who are affected by it," said Onalaska's Assistant Golf Coach Scott Skogen.
They collected a record $1029 in the raffle this year. Additionally, 10% of all proceeds are supporting breast cancer research.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks