LA CROSSE, Wis. - Nearly 5,000 people spent Thursday night at the La Crosse Center watching some of our local rising basketball stars. And in the crowd, you was a good amount of pink.
It was part of an organized 'pink-out' encouraging everyone to wear pink in support of families and friends affected by cancer.18370896
It's the fourth year the Onalaska boys golf team has collected money through a 50-50 raffle to support the Midwest Athletics Against Childhood Cancer fund. "It's really just our way of showing support and getting the word out that there's a lot of people in our community affected by cancer and a lot of children who are affected by it," said Onalaska's Assistant Golf Coach Scott Skogen.
They collected a record $1029 in the raffle this year. Additionally, 10% of all proceeds are supporting breast cancer research.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser