MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democrat Kathleen Falk is lashing out at so-called political insiders she says are trying to "mow us down" as she tries to win her party's nomination to take on Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election.
Falk sent an email to supporters on Tuesday that doesn't mention any of her opponents by name, but instead says she is being targeted by the insiders of Wisconsin politics.
The letter is a thinly veiled attack on her chief rival, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who has scored endorsements of 46 past or current office holders, including U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, retired U.S. Rep. Dave Obey and 21 members of the state Legislature.
Falk accuses insiders of trying to "swoop in and co-opt our movement."
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case