MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democrat Kathleen Falk is lashing out at so-called political insiders she says are trying to "mow us down" as she tries to win her party's nomination to take on Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election.
Falk sent an email to supporters on Tuesday that doesn't mention any of her opponents by name, but instead says she is being targeted by the insiders of Wisconsin politics.
The letter is a thinly veiled attack on her chief rival, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who has scored endorsements of 46 past or current office holders, including U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, retired U.S. Rep. Dave Obey and 21 members of the state Legislature.
Falk accuses insiders of trying to "swoop in and co-opt our movement."
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families