SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- Former Sheboygan mayor Bob Ryan has pleaded not guilty to charges he grabbed a woman's breasts twice during a drinking binge last July in Elkhart Lake.
Ryan entered his plea to two misdemeanor sexual assault charges Monday. He was accompanied in court by his wife, Mary.
Ryan declined comment afterward except to say he pleaded not guilty -- "That means innocent."
The Sheboygan Press reports the judge ordered Ryan to post a $1,500 signature bond and to maintain sobriety as a condition of bail. Trial is tentatively set for August.
Ryan was voted out of office in a recall election Feb. 21 and charged in April. He has acknowledged he's an alcoholic but has.said he has been sober since the incident in Elkhart Lake.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US