SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- Former Sheboygan mayor Bob Ryan has pleaded not guilty to charges he grabbed a woman's breasts twice during a drinking binge last July in Elkhart Lake.
Ryan entered his plea to two misdemeanor sexual assault charges Monday. He was accompanied in court by his wife, Mary.
Ryan declined comment afterward except to say he pleaded not guilty -- "That means innocent."
The Sheboygan Press reports the judge ordered Ryan to post a $1,500 signature bond and to maintain sobriety as a condition of bail. Trial is tentatively set for August.
Ryan was voted out of office in a recall election Feb. 21 and charged in April. He has acknowledged he's an alcoholic but has.said he has been sober since the incident in Elkhart Lake.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser