SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) - Former Sheboygan mayor Robert Ryan has been fined $200 as part of a plea deal in a 2011 groping case.
Ryan was fined $100 per count for two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct Wednesday. He earlier pleaded no contest to the reduced charges.
In a brief statement in court, Ryan told the judge that he accepted the plea because he acknowledges he was boisterous that July 2011 weekend in Elkhart Lake when he was accused of grabbing a woman's breasts.
Ryan said he's an alcoholic who was "drinking to excess" and was acting "in a disorderly fashion."
The Sheboygan Press reports including fees, the total amount Ryan owes is $770.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns