SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) - Former Sheboygan mayor Robert Ryan has been fined $200 as part of a plea deal in a 2011 groping case.
Ryan was fined $100 per count for two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct Wednesday. He earlier pleaded no contest to the reduced charges.
In a brief statement in court, Ryan told the judge that he accepted the plea because he acknowledges he was boisterous that July 2011 weekend in Elkhart Lake when he was accused of grabbing a woman's breasts.
Ryan said he's an alcoholic who was "drinking to excess" and was acting "in a disorderly fashion."
The Sheboygan Press reports including fees, the total amount Ryan owes is $770.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday