TOWN OF BIG FLATS, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say an Adams County woman is recovering at a Marshfield hospital after she was shot by an ex-boyfriend who took his own life.
Sheriff's officials say 38-year-old Mark Schaetzka was outside his ex-girlfriend's house in Big Flats Monday and shot her through the window. Twenty-eight-year-old Chari Dayton was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital. She is in good condition Wednesday. Schaetzka was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot.
WISC-TV reports that according to investigators, Schaetzka and Dayton were involved in an argument Sunday night and Schaetzka was arrested by sheriff's deputies. He was released after posting bond.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death