MILTON, Wis. - A tanker truck filled with ethanol rolled while negotiating a roundabout in Milton Tuesday morning, according to police.
The Milton Police Department said at about 9:45 a.m. the truck and trailer overturned on Highway 59, approximately one mile east of Highway 26. The semi-truck was eastbound on 59 and overturned while driving through a roundabout. The rollover caused ethanol to leak from the tanker.
Milton police, Rock County Sheriff's Office, Milton Fire Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol were still on scene investigating the incident around noon Tuesday. Highway 59 east of Milton will be closed for an undetermined amount of time, according to authorities.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has also been notified of the leaking tanker.
Police said the rollover was not the result of a traffic accident.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes