MILTON, Wis. - A tanker truck filled with ethanol rolled while negotiating a roundabout in Milton Tuesday morning, according to police.
The Milton Police Department said at about 9:45 a.m. the truck and trailer overturned on Highway 59, approximately one mile east of Highway 26. The semi-truck was eastbound on 59 and overturned while driving through a roundabout. The rollover caused ethanol to leak from the tanker.
Milton police, Rock County Sheriff's Office, Milton Fire Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol were still on scene investigating the incident around noon Tuesday. Highway 59 east of Milton will be closed for an undetermined amount of time, according to authorities.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has also been notified of the leaking tanker.
Police said the rollover was not the result of a traffic accident.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota