LA CROSSE, WI - As fall approaches, health experts are warning about tick dangers.
The bugs live in areas with vegetation and tall grasses, especially if small animals are around. They carry dangerous diseases like Lyme and Anaplasmosis.
The pests handle our winter very well meaning ticks are not going anywhere anytime soon. "It's a threat here, it will always be a threat here, and people just have to be aware, if you go in that environment, you're going to have ticks," said La Crosse Co. Vector Control Manager Dave Geske.21756268
Geske is also worried about mosquito-borne illnesses. However, he says we have not seen a case of La Crosse encephalitis in the last two years.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge