LA CROSSE, WI - As fall approaches, health experts are warning about tick dangers.
The bugs live in areas with vegetation and tall grasses, especially if small animals are around. They carry dangerous diseases like Lyme and Anaplasmosis.
The pests handle our winter very well meaning ticks are not going anywhere anytime soon. "It's a threat here, it will always be a threat here, and people just have to be aware, if you go in that environment, you're going to have ticks," said La Crosse Co. Vector Control Manager Dave Geske.21756268
Geske is also worried about mosquito-borne illnesses. However, he says we have not seen a case of La Crosse encephalitis in the last two years.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure