LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse taxpayers are spending more than $12,000 a month to cover the salary of two city officials who remain on paid administrative leave.
Community Development Administrator Liana Escott and Assistant City Attorney Pete Kisken have been on leave since they were escorted out of City Hall May 25th.
It's not clear why the two were placed on leave or how long the investigation will take.
In the meantime, both Escott and Kisken are earning more than $6,000 a month each in salary.16252582
The Mayor's office says it can't comment while the investigation is ongoing, and says the investigation could last as long as nine months.
A city official says no additional staff has been hired in the Planning or Legal Department as a results of their absence.
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Monday closings due to weather
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season