LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse taxpayers are spending more than $12,000 a month to cover the salary of two city officials who remain on paid administrative leave.
Community Development Administrator Liana Escott and Assistant City Attorney Pete Kisken have been on leave since they were escorted out of City Hall May 25th.
It's not clear why the two were placed on leave or how long the investigation will take.
In the meantime, both Escott and Kisken are earning more than $6,000 a month each in salary.16252582
The Mayor's office says it can't comment while the investigation is ongoing, and says the investigation could last as long as nine months.
A city official says no additional staff has been hired in the Planning or Legal Department as a results of their absence.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks