LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Woody, Jessie, Mrs. Potato Head, Sarge, Etch and Wheezy made an appearance at Emerson Elementary School in La Crosse on Halloween.
Teachers dressed up as those characters from "Toy Story" to teach their students that reading can bring characters to life and the more you read, the more you learn.
"We want everybody to want to love to read and be a part of it and take it home every night and read as much as they can, come to school and be excited about reading," said Jenny Ruetten, a 5th grade teacher at Emerson Elementary who dressed up as Jessie from "Toy Story."
Students were also encouraged to dress up as their favorite storybook character and read about them after school.22744540
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!