LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Woody, Jessie, Mrs. Potato Head, Sarge, Etch and Wheezy made an appearance at Emerson Elementary School in La Crosse on Halloween.
Teachers dressed up as those characters from "Toy Story" to teach their students that reading can bring characters to life and the more you read, the more you learn.
"We want everybody to want to love to read and be a part of it and take it home every night and read as much as they can, come to school and be excited about reading," said Jenny Ruetten, a 5th grade teacher at Emerson Elementary who dressed up as Jessie from "Toy Story."
Students were also encouraged to dress up as their favorite storybook character and read about them after school.22744540
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases