LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Woody, Jessie, Mrs. Potato Head, Sarge, Etch and Wheezy made an appearance at Emerson Elementary School in La Crosse on Halloween.
Teachers dressed up as those characters from "Toy Story" to teach their students that reading can bring characters to life and the more you read, the more you learn.
"We want everybody to want to love to read and be a part of it and take it home every night and read as much as they can, come to school and be excited about reading," said Jenny Ruetten, a 5th grade teacher at Emerson Elementary who dressed up as Jessie from "Toy Story."
Students were also encouraged to dress up as their favorite storybook character and read about them after school.22744540
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation