ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Emerald Ash Borer continues to move in La Crosse County. Onalaska city officials confirmed the pest was found on the city's south side.
The finding on the 1700 block of Hickory Street is the first documented case of the bug inside the city. It was found in La Crosse near Valley View Mall about a year ago.
The 1700 Ash Trees in Onalaska account for about a fourth of the publicly owned trees.
The city will use the next several months to plan what to do next.23600590
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather