ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Emerald Ash Borer continues to move in La Crosse County. Onalaska city officials confirmed the pest was found on the city's south side.
The finding on the 1700 block of Hickory Street is the first documented case of the bug inside the city. It was found in La Crosse near Valley View Mall about a year ago.
The 1700 Ash Trees in Onalaska account for about a fourth of the publicly owned trees.
The city will use the next several months to plan what to do next.23600590
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser