LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The death of 21-year-old Ellen "Ellie" Ahmann has been ruled as accidental, La Crosse County Medical Examiner Timothy Candahl announced Thursday.
Candahl said Ahmann's death has been ruled as cold water drowning with alcohol as a contributing factor. Her B.A.C. was 0.165.
Ahmann, a Winona State University student, died after her car fell through the ice and went into the Mississippi River in La Crosse on Wednesday, January 1.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership