LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The death of 21-year-old Ellen "Ellie" Ahmann has been ruled as accidental, La Crosse County Medical Examiner Timothy Candahl announced Thursday.
Candahl said Ahmann's death has been ruled as cold water drowning with alcohol as a contributing factor. Her B.A.C. was 0.165.
Ahmann, a Winona State University student, died after her car fell through the ice and went into the Mississippi River in La Crosse on Wednesday, January 1.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death