TOWN OF KICKAPOO, WI - The Vernon County Sheriff says a 70 year old woman has died after being involved in a single-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon in the Town of Kickapoo, east of Readstown.
Authorities say Sharon K. Grim of rural Viola was driving an SUV on Highway 14, down what's known as 'Sugar Grove Hill.' The SUV went off the road, traveled several hundred feet in the ditch line, hit an embankment, went airborne, and overturned. Grim was thrown from the SUV, which came to rest in such a way that it was pinning her to the ground.
Med Link Air flew Grim to a La Crosse hospital, where she died from her injuries a few hours after the crash.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer