TOWN OF KICKAPOO, WI - The Vernon County Sheriff says a 70 year old woman has died after being involved in a single-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon in the Town of Kickapoo, east of Readstown.
Authorities say Sharon K. Grim of rural Viola was driving an SUV on Highway 14, down what's known as 'Sugar Grove Hill.' The SUV went off the road, traveled several hundred feet in the ditch line, hit an embankment, went airborne, and overturned. Grim was thrown from the SUV, which came to rest in such a way that it was pinning her to the ground.
Med Link Air flew Grim to a La Crosse hospital, where she died from her injuries a few hours after the crash.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US