TOWN OF SCOTT, Wis. (AP) - A 98-year-old man was struck and killed while retrieving his mail along a Sheboygan County road.
Sheriff's officials say Erhard Klug, of rural Random Lake, accidentally stepped into the path of a van on County Road HH about 4 p.m. Tuesday. Klug was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee where he died of his injuries.
Deputies say the van was driven by a 52-year-old woman who is also from rural Random Lake.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration