TOWN OF SCOTT, Wis. (AP) - A 98-year-old man was struck and killed while retrieving his mail along a Sheboygan County road.
Sheriff's officials say Erhard Klug, of rural Random Lake, accidentally stepped into the path of a van on County Road HH about 4 p.m. Tuesday. Klug was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee where he died of his injuries.
Deputies say the van was driven by a 52-year-old woman who is also from rural Random Lake.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership