EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Eau Claire Police Department announced Thursday three of its members were promoted.
Lieutenant Matthew W. Rokus has been promoted to Deputy Chief of Police; Sgt. Ryan E. Dahlgren has been promoted to Lieutenant of Police; and Officer Andrew P. Wise has been promoted to sergeant of police.
Deputy Chief Rokus joined the Eau Claire Police Department on January 6, 1997 as a community service officer. He became a police officer on December 29, 1997. He has served as a patrol officer, detective, patrol sergeant, patrol lieutenant, detective lieutenant, and has also been coordinator for the department's police training officer program and crime scene unit.
Lieutenant Dahlgren joined the La Crosse Police Department on December 15, 2003. He was most recently assigned to the detective division overseeing the sensitive crimes section. Lt. Dahlgren has served in the patrol division and special operations section. He's also an instructor for the department's police training officer and force options training program and was a team leader on the tactical response team.
Sergeant Wise joined the Eau Claire Police Department on August 20, 2007. He was most recently assigned to the Special Services Bureau as safety education officer and was previously assigned to the patrol division. Sgt. Wise also serves as a trainer for the department's training officer, emergency vehicle operations and force options training programs and is the coordinator for the department's crisis negotiation team.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants