LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One way to cut down on the high heating bills during this frigid weather is to make sure your house is properly insulated.
Ace Hardware in La Crosse says it's a good idea to patch up the cracks.
You should check the stripping on windows and doors, and fill any holes in the walls near the foundation or up on the roof.
The store manager at Ace hardware recommends a simple product found in several retail stores. "The spray foam that's in a can, it seals up any leaks and it's quick, easy, simple to use," said Store Manager Dave O'Mara.
He also says in a lot of older homes, the number of holes can create heat loss equal to leaving a window open.24166550
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse