LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One way to cut down on the high heating bills during this frigid weather is to make sure your house is properly insulated.
Ace Hardware in La Crosse says it's a good idea to patch up the cracks.
You should check the stripping on windows and doors, and fill any holes in the walls near the foundation or up on the roof.
The store manager at Ace hardware recommends a simple product found in several retail stores. "The spray foam that's in a can, it seals up any leaks and it's quick, easy, simple to use," said Store Manager Dave O'Mara.
He also says in a lot of older homes, the number of holes can create heat loss equal to leaving a window open.24166550
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run