LA CROSSE, Wis. - With all those extra Easter sweets around the house, you may want to keep a close eye on your furry friends.
It can actually be life-threatening for your dog or cat to get into chocolates or other sugary Easter treats.
Decorations like grass can also be dangerous for pets to eat.
If you think your pet may have eaten something it shouldn't have, veterinarians urge you to bring it in for a checkup right away.19535334
"They can become toxic in less than 24 hours. If you wait a day to see what happens it can become too late. Veterinarians would rather owners be proactive with serious things like that, without a question," said veterinarian Tom Thompson.
Lilies are also toxic for cats.
Thompson says all it takes is a couple of petals for a cat to get extremely sick.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse