LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Easter holiday is creating a boost in business.
At Ranison Ice Cream and Candy in La Crosse, it has been a busy few weeks as people prepare for the upcoming holiday.
Easter is traditionally the second busiest holiday for the ice cream and candy shop, and that is proving true this year too.
But with the holiday hitting a little earlier this year, some shoppers have been caught off guard. "We've had a lot of last minute people coming in a little surprised that we're out of things not realizing that Easter is this Sunday. So, this nice weather has definitely helped bring people out. So far Easter has gone very well for us," said Ranison's owner Dave Edwards.19529752
Bittersweet Floral shop in La Crosse is also having a good Easter season. However, the weather may have something to do with that.
The owner says people have been swarming-in to the shop looking for Spring. "It's busier because of the cold winter we're having. Last year when it was real warm we were busy, but people were looking for outdoor stuff which wasn't quite ready yet and so I think they're buying more indoor flowers so they can bring Spring indoors," said owner Jeff Kleven.
The owner of Bittersweet says they sold about 150 Easter lilies this season.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks