MADISON, Wis. - A Walgreen's pharmacist was robbed Tuesday shortly after 9 p.m., according to the Madison Police Department.
A man called the 60-year-old pharmacist and told him to put OxyContin in a bag in the drive-thru drop box, threatening the pharmacist with a gun, according to the report.
Police said the robber told the pharmacist he was watching him and it was clear to the pharmacist that the caller could see him.
The pharmacist told police a slender white man between 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall wearing a dark sweater and baseball cap grabbed the prescription opiates from the drop box and fled.
A police dog tracked the criminal north to Martha Lane, where the scent abruptly ended.
The Walgreen's that was robbed is located at 4518 Cottage Grove Road on the Far East side of Madison.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East