LA CROSSE, Wis. - 74 Lutheran churches in the La Crosse Area Synod are participating in "Generous Love, Generous Lives."
It's an annual event that used to take place in Decorah, Iowa, but because of logistical issues, it's taking place in every congregation's backyard.
All of the churches will hold a unified worship service on Sunday, then go out into their own communities doing a service project fitting for the area. "If anybody knows any of our congregations for any reasons at all, we'd like it to be because we're a generous group of people, it's a generous congregation, because that's how we best share who our God is," said pastor Libby Howe.
Details on the congregations participating and the planned service projects can be fount at lacrosseareasynod.org.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration