LA CROSSE, Wis. - 74 Lutheran churches in the La Crosse Area Synod are participating in "Generous Love, Generous Lives."
It's an annual event that used to take place in Decorah, Iowa, but because of logistical issues, it's taking place in every congregation's backyard.
All of the churches will hold a unified worship service on Sunday, then go out into their own communities doing a service project fitting for the area. "If anybody knows any of our congregations for any reasons at all, we'd like it to be because we're a generous group of people, it's a generous congregation, because that's how we best share who our God is," said pastor Libby Howe.
Details on the congregations participating and the planned service projects can be fount at lacrosseareasynod.org.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather