LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you want to get the best view of the fireworks from Riverside Park, you're already too late.
People started claiming their spots when the park opened Friday morning at 8 a.m.
Tarps, folding chairs and many other ways to mark territory are scattered along the river.
For some, like the Denson family of La Crosse, it's a 20-plus year tradition that started with bringing their kids to the fireworks.
"I think the tradition is continued, because their children are coming down now when they're available," said Dave Denson.
The La Crosse Skyrockers' Fireworks Extravaganza is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. Friday night.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration