LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you want to get the best view of the fireworks from Riverside Park, you're already too late.
People started claiming their spots when the park opened Friday morning at 8 a.m.
Tarps, folding chairs and many other ways to mark territory are scattered along the river.
For some, like the Denson family of La Crosse, it's a 20-plus year tradition that started with bringing their kids to the fireworks.
"I think the tradition is continued, because their children are coming down now when they're available," said Dave Denson.
The La Crosse Skyrockers' Fireworks Extravaganza is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. Friday night.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations