LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you want to get the best view of the fireworks from Riverside Park, you're already too late.
People started claiming their spots when the park opened Friday morning at 8 a.m.
Tarps, folding chairs and many other ways to mark territory are scattered along the river.
For some, like the Denson family of La Crosse, it's a 20-plus year tradition that started with bringing their kids to the fireworks.
"I think the tradition is continued, because their children are coming down now when they're available," said Dave Denson.
The La Crosse Skyrockers' Fireworks Extravaganza is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. Friday night.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery