LA CROSSE, Wis. - So far, so good for the holiday shopping season in downtown La Crosse.
The executive director of Downtown Mainstreet says a lot of businesses are reporting strong sales.17730644
He says promotions like Small Business Saturday and cash mobs have really helped to get people to do their shopping in the downtown district. "We have such a great diversity of retail and the specialty stores that it's hard to really get a trend overall, but the folks I've heard from have all been very pleased with the shopping so far," said Tim Kabat.
Kabat also said the new snow on the ground and the rotary lights make the downtown a festive place to do your holiday shopping.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race