LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you plan to pay a visit to downtown La Crosse, you'll soon be paying a little extra to park.
The new parking meter fees begin in the downtown ramps April 22nd. The fees apply to anyone parking in the Main Street, Market Square, and La Crosse Center ramps.
Commuters can park for free in the ramps Monday through Friday for the first three hours. After that, they will be charged 75¢ an hour.
Those parking in the ramps overnight will get the 3-hour grace period and then be charged 50¢ an hour until 8 a.m.
Also, for anyone who loses their parking pay stub, there is a $6 fee.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death