LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you plan to pay a visit to downtown La Crosse, you'll soon be paying a little extra to park.
The new parking meter fees begin in the downtown ramps April 22nd. The fees apply to anyone parking in the Main Street, Market Square, and La Crosse Center ramps.
Commuters can park for free in the ramps Monday through Friday for the first three hours. After that, they will be charged 75¢ an hour.
Those parking in the ramps overnight will get the 3-hour grace period and then be charged 50¢ an hour until 8 a.m.
Also, for anyone who loses their parking pay stub, there is a $6 fee.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership