LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Dozens of downtown La Crosse businesses stayed open a little late Friday night.
It was the annual Holiday Open House, the start to the downtown holiday shopping season.
About 70 businesses had specials and gifts for shoppers to enjoy.
There were also free Trolley Rides, and a food collection for the UW-L food pantry. "Good opportunity to see some of the newest things out for decorating, for clothing, and Christmas gifts," said Downtown Mainstreet Exec. Director Robin Moses.
The annual event started in 1997.22885802
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants