LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Dozens of downtown La Crosse businesses stayed open a little late Friday night.
It was the annual Holiday Open House, the start to the downtown holiday shopping season.
About 70 businesses had specials and gifts for shoppers to enjoy.
There were also free Trolley Rides, and a food collection for the UW-L food pantry. "Good opportunity to see some of the newest things out for decorating, for clothing, and Christmas gifts," said Downtown Mainstreet Exec. Director Robin Moses.
The annual event started in 1997.22885802
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore