LA CROSSE, Wis. - You may be noticing some colorful geraniums and other flowers popping up in downtown La Crosse.
It's part of a collaboration between Downtown Mainstreet and local businesses.
The flowers are grown by Western Technical College students before they are moved into more than 70 downtown planters.
After that, a nearby business adopts a planter and cares for the flowers as they bloom and grow.20288088
"They help plant the flowers, they watch it on a regular basis so they can care for it appropriately and water it, so it's really a wonderful collaborative between everybody to make sure downtown looks beautiful," said Downtown Mainstreet Marketing Dir. Robin Moses.
There are still one or two planters waiting to be adopted.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration