LA CROSSE, Wis. - You may be noticing some colorful geraniums and other flowers popping up in downtown La Crosse.
It's part of a collaboration between Downtown Mainstreet and local businesses.
The flowers are grown by Western Technical College students before they are moved into more than 70 downtown planters.
After that, a nearby business adopts a planter and cares for the flowers as they bloom and grow.20288088
"They help plant the flowers, they watch it on a regular basis so they can care for it appropriately and water it, so it's really a wonderful collaborative between everybody to make sure downtown looks beautiful," said Downtown Mainstreet Marketing Dir. Robin Moses.
There are still one or two planters waiting to be adopted.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student