LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Don Weber, the founder and CEO of LHI, received the Nathan Hale Award in Washington, D.C. earlier this month.
Weber received the award from the Reserve Officers Association (ROA) STARS Foundation. The award is named after Nathan Hale who demonstrated patriotic dedication to our country as a revolutionary war hero and volunteer.
Weber was honored for his military service, philanthropy and support of the Reserve community. Former Wisconsin Governor and Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson presented the award to Weber.
The ROA is a 60,000-member professional association for all uniformed services of the United States military.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December