MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- An attorney representing three Democratic state senators targeted for recalls does not support combining their lawsuit against the Government Accountability Board with lawsuits filed by six Republican senators.
A motion was filed Tuesday by the state Justice Department on behalf of the GAB seeking consolidation of the cases currently pending in Dane County circuit court.
Both the Republicans and Democrats argue that the GAB incorrectly allowed recall elections against them to proceed despite problems with the collection of signatures and filing of petitions to force those elections.
Democratic attorney Jeremy Levinson says he sees no reason to consolidate the cases and he believes it will slow down the process. The consolidation motion filed Tuesday by GAB argues not consolidating could lead to inconsistent results and "a chaos of election dates."
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns