MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- An attorney representing three Democratic state senators targeted for recalls does not support combining their lawsuit against the Government Accountability Board with lawsuits filed by six Republican senators.
A motion was filed Tuesday by the state Justice Department on behalf of the GAB seeking consolidation of the cases currently pending in Dane County circuit court.
Both the Republicans and Democrats argue that the GAB incorrectly allowed recall elections against them to proceed despite problems with the collection of signatures and filing of petitions to force those elections.
Democratic attorney Jeremy Levinson says he sees no reason to consolidate the cases and he believes it will slow down the process. The consolidation motion filed Tuesday by GAB argues not consolidating could lead to inconsistent results and "a chaos of election dates."
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners