WESTBY, Wis. -- A Westby dog is lucky to be alive after falling into raw sewage.
An operator noticed a white dog Thursday snooping around at the Westby Sewage Plant. He called police and the two tried to catch the dog, but that's when she decided to jump into the sewage treatment area of the plant.1716536
Thankfully, the officer and sewer operator were able to fish the dog out. "We took him in after we caught him and gave him a little warm bath and washed him off and sent him to the pound," says Sewer Operator Eric Miller.
"Certainly she had several guardian angels with the employee from the Westby Sewer Plant and then also the officer who brought her in and Lina of course because she came from Westby so Angellina," says Lisa Senior from the Vernon County Humane Society.
That's right, the Humane Society decided to name the dog Angellina. Because she's still thin and weak, the humane society will take her to the vet Friday to be checked over.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests