LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - As you pull your boats and docks out of the water for the season, make sure you're not bringing anything extra with you.
The Wisconsin DNR is reminding residents about the impacts of invasive species like Zebra Mussels and Asian Carp.
The aquatic pests and plants are not native to the Mississippi River and area lakes and are harmful to the environment and eco systems.
"We have a lot of invasive species in this river system," said DNR Conservation Warden Edward McCann. "We don't want those invasive species entering other lakes that might not have any."
DNR officials ask you double or even triple check everything after it's out of the water. If you don't you might be fined.22734766
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather