LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - As you pull your boats and docks out of the water for the season, make sure you're not bringing anything extra with you.
The Wisconsin DNR is reminding residents about the impacts of invasive species like Zebra Mussels and Asian Carp.
The aquatic pests and plants are not native to the Mississippi River and area lakes and are harmful to the environment and eco systems.
"We have a lot of invasive species in this river system," said DNR Conservation Warden Edward McCann. "We don't want those invasive species entering other lakes that might not have any."
DNR officials ask you double or even triple check everything after it's out of the water. If you don't you might be fined.22734766
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.