LA CROSSE, Wis. - A disagreement between the city of La Crosse and a local business is delaying the demolition of the old Guest House Motel.
Dahl Automotive purchased the motel near the corner of 4th and Market St. with the intent of tearing it down.
They want to use the space as temporary parking and eventually build a new showroom. However, the city would like their plans to include a walking and biking path on the property.19949494
Dahl is fighting the idea saying it would cause too many problems with traffic flow and daily deliveries.
The city's plan commission moved the item forward Monday night with the pedestrian path still included in the plan.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.