LA CROSSE, Wis. - A disagreement between the city of La Crosse and a local business is delaying the demolition of the old Guest House Motel.
Dahl Automotive purchased the motel near the corner of 4th and Market St. with the intent of tearing it down.
They want to use the space as temporary parking and eventually build a new showroom. However, the city would like their plans to include a walking and biking path on the property.19949494
Dahl is fighting the idea saying it would cause too many problems with traffic flow and daily deliveries.
The city's plan commission moved the item forward Monday night with the pedestrian path still included in the plan.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington