MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - A movie director and actor are slated to appear at the Wisconsin Governor's Conference on Tourism next month.
The conference is scheduled to run from March 17 to March 19 at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison. Organizers expect about 1,000 people from across the state's tourism industry will attend.
The itinerary includes appearances by director David Zucker and actor Robert Hays. Zucker directed Hays in "Airplane!" He also directed Hays in a new state Tourism Department television ad, which will debut at the conference.
Zucker and Hays are set to address participants on March 18. Attendees also will get a chance to win a private breakfast with them and state Tourism Secretary Stephanie Klett.
Zucker graduated from Shorewood High School and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening