LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Jordan Lorence will be the keynote speaker for the Fortnight for Freedom opening events, the Diocese of La Crosse announced Thursday.
Lorence's talk -- titled "Full-Court Press: Standing up for the Freedom to Serve in Faith" -- will focus on U.S. Supreme Court decisions impacting religious freedoms.
Lorence is the Senior Counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, and was involved in the U.S. Supreme Court case Town of Greece v. Galloway, which ruled in favor of allowing public prayer at legislative sessions.
The talk will be held Tuesday, July 1 at UW-La Crosse's Centennial Hall at 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest