LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Jordan Lorence will be the keynote speaker for the Fortnight for Freedom opening events, the Diocese of La Crosse announced Thursday.
Lorence's talk -- titled "Full-Court Press: Standing up for the Freedom to Serve in Faith" -- will focus on U.S. Supreme Court decisions impacting religious freedoms.
Lorence is the Senior Counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, and was involved in the U.S. Supreme Court case Town of Greece v. Galloway, which ruled in favor of allowing public prayer at legislative sessions.
The talk will be held Tuesday, July 1 at UW-La Crosse's Centennial Hall at 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota