LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Jordan Lorence will be the keynote speaker for the Fortnight for Freedom opening events, the Diocese of La Crosse announced Thursday.
Lorence's talk -- titled "Full-Court Press: Standing up for the Freedom to Serve in Faith" -- will focus on U.S. Supreme Court decisions impacting religious freedoms.
Lorence is the Senior Counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, and was involved in the U.S. Supreme Court case Town of Greece v. Galloway, which ruled in favor of allowing public prayer at legislative sessions.
The talk will be held Tuesday, July 1 at UW-La Crosse's Centennial Hall at 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture