MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former state Rep. Kristin Dexter has raised about $102,000 as she tries to knock off state Sen. Terry Moulton in a recall election.
The campaign for the Eau Claire Democrat said Monday she has $47,000 cash on hand.
Moulton hasn't yet filed his fundraising report, which is due by Monday at midnight.
Dexter will square off in a Democratic primary next week against James Engel, a Fall Creek Republican who is running as a fake Democrat. The winner faces Moulton on June 5.
Democrats are trying to recall Moulton and five other Republicans: three GOP state senators, Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch. The recall efforts were sparked in part by a law that restricts collective-bargaining rights for most public employees.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline