LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local development company is hoping to give purpose to a slice of unused land in La Crosse.
Water Place One LLC out of La Crescent is requesting the city of La Crosse rezone land north of the county-owned property at Park Plaza to residential. It's also asking the city to declare a small piece of land where a waste water treatment plant is located, a surplus property.
The development company wants to eventually buy the land from the city to develop it into housing along the river.
There's been a number of market studies that have been done really trying to identify what would be an appropriate use and residential was the one that continues to be strong a reuse for that," said Mayor Tim Kabat.
Mayor Kabat hopes developing the land into a tax based residential property will help build on the city's economy.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team
- City officials propose lower speed limit for Losey Blvd.