LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local development company is hoping to give purpose to a slice of unused land in La Crosse.
Water Place One LLC out of La Crescent is requesting the city of La Crosse rezone land north of the county-owned property at Park Plaza to residential. It's also asking the city to declare a small piece of land where a waste water treatment plant is located, a surplus property.
The development company wants to eventually buy the land from the city to develop it into housing along the river.
There's been a number of market studies that have been done really trying to identify what would be an appropriate use and residential was the one that continues to be strong a reuse for that," said Mayor Tim Kabat.
Mayor Kabat hopes developing the land into a tax based residential property will help build on the city's economy.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore