LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local development company is hoping to give purpose to a slice of unused land in La Crosse.
Water Place One LLC out of La Crescent is requesting the city of La Crosse rezone land north of the county-owned property at Park Plaza to residential. It's also asking the city to declare a small piece of land where a waste water treatment plant is located, a surplus property.
The development company wants to eventually buy the land from the city to develop it into housing along the river.
There's been a number of market studies that have been done really trying to identify what would be an appropriate use and residential was the one that continues to be strong a reuse for that," said Mayor Tim Kabat.
Mayor Kabat hopes developing the land into a tax based residential property will help build on the city's economy.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash