LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - After a long, cold winter, many people are eager to see a little green on the ground. That includes area golfers.
At Forest Hills in La Crosse, they're optimistic golfers will be able to tee off in about a month.
The general manager believes the course will also shape up quickly once this long winter finally ends. "We got snow early that covered the ground, and basically insulated the golf course. All indication at this point, at least by my expert superintendent, tells me that we should be fine, that fact that it doesn't look like we have a lot of ice, that's usually the detriment to the greens," said G.M. Keith Stoll.
On average, Forest Hills opens up on April 10th. That would be much better than last year when the icy greens kept the course closed until May.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge