BRISTOL TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man is arrested after he beat a woman unconscious while she was driving in Bristol Township Sunday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies said Hunter L. Kreger, 18, was riding with an 18-year-old woman, also from Sun Prairie, when deputies were called to a domestic incident in a vehicle at 3 p.m. near the intersection of County Road N and Happy Valley Road.
Kreger struck the woman in the face so hard she lost consciousness, which caused the vehicle to drift into oncoming traffic, according to deputies. Kreger was able to put the vehicle in neutral and bring it under control.
Deputies said once the vehicle slowed down, the woman attempted to get out, but Kreger grabbed her by the hair and pulled her back in and restrained her.
The woman sought medical attention, but deputies don't know the extent of her injuries.
Kreger was arrested on suspicion of substantial battery, disorderly conduct, second-degree reckless endangerment and intimidating a victim.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns