MILWAUKEE (AP) - Democrats are lashing out at Republican Gov. Scott Walker, saying newly released emails show he clearly engaged in illegal campaigning while he was Milwaukee County executive.
Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf revealed an email in court on Monday that indicates Walker ordered top aides on his gubernatorial campaign to coordinate on media strategy with his county staff at 8 a.m. daily. Prosecutors seized the emails in a secret investigation into Walker's county office.
Walker's campaign has said elected officials' campaigns and offices routinely communicate. But the state Democratic Party issued a release Tuesday saying there's no doubt Walker himself was involved in criminal activity.
Walker has not been charged with any wrongdoing in the investigation, which has now stretched on for more than two years.
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature