MILWAUKEE (AP) - Democrats are lashing out at Republican Gov. Scott Walker, saying newly released emails show he clearly engaged in illegal campaigning while he was Milwaukee County executive.
Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf revealed an email in court on Monday that indicates Walker ordered top aides on his gubernatorial campaign to coordinate on media strategy with his county staff at 8 a.m. daily. Prosecutors seized the emails in a secret investigation into Walker's county office.
Walker's campaign has said elected officials' campaigns and offices routinely communicate. But the state Democratic Party issued a release Tuesday saying there's no doubt Walker himself was involved in criminal activity.
Walker has not been charged with any wrongdoing in the investigation, which has now stretched on for more than two years.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants