MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Progressive advocacy organization Democracy for America says it is all-in for Tom Barrett in the June 5 recall targeting Gov. Scott Walker.
The political action committee founded by former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean issued a statement Tuesday saying its members plan to knock on 80,000 doors and make 100,000 calls over the next two weeks.
Democracy for America says over the past 15 months it has already made more than 382,000 calls and knocked on 123,000 doors.
The group's chairman Jim Dean says the election will come down to how many Democrats turn out in Dane County, where the liberal capital city of Madison is located. He says turnout efforts will be focused on Madison, Racine and Eau Claire.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups