MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Progressive advocacy organization Democracy for America says it is all-in for Tom Barrett in the June 5 recall targeting Gov. Scott Walker.
The political action committee founded by former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean issued a statement Tuesday saying its members plan to knock on 80,000 doors and make 100,000 calls over the next two weeks.
Democracy for America says over the past 15 months it has already made more than 382,000 calls and knocked on 123,000 doors.
The group's chairman Jim Dean says the election will come down to how many Democrats turn out in Dane County, where the liberal capital city of Madison is located. He says turnout efforts will be focused on Madison, Racine and Eau Claire.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline