LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The front-runner to challenge Governor Scott Walker this fall made a stop in La Crosse Thursday.
Democrat Mary Burke toured the Coulee Region Business Center's Small Business Incubator.
Burke says small business is the key to growing the economy.
Wisconsin is currently ranked 48th in the nation in new business starts and is 45th in projected job creation.
Burke says Wisconsin can be doing more to help encourage entrepreneurs. "There is no reason that we shouldn't have a top 10 economy, but to do that we have to be supporting entrepreneurs in the middle class, access to capital, supports like computer design, these are all things that folks need to be able to have help with in order to be successful," said Burke.
So far, Burke is the only democrat to announce her run for governor.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game