WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (AP) - A Marshfield man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend last September is now accused of trying to hire his cellmate to kill the victim's boyfriend.
A criminal complaint says that while incarcerated in Wood County, Gabriel Campos offered another inmate $4,600, a car and an AK-47 assault rifle as payment to carry out the crime.
Campos is charged with killing 18-year-old Maisie McCullough, the mother of his 2-year-old son. She was found stabbed to death at the Marshfield home of Campos' mother Sept. 7. Campos was arrested at a Wisconsin Rapids motel the next day with their son, who was unharmed.
WSAW-TV says a June trial date has been set in McCullough's murder. Campos is expected to enter a plea to the newest charge Feb. 26.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing