A teen from southwestern Wisconsin will soon learn whether he can withdraw his guilty pleas following a fire that killed his three nephews.
Prosecutors have accused 19-year-old Jeremy L. Wand of Argyle of helping his brother, Armin Wand III, set a house fire last year. The fire killed Armin Wand's three sons, ages 3 to 7. It also injured Armin Wand's wife and killed her unborn baby.
Jeremy Wand pleaded guilty in June to three felonies. But he now says he was pressured into taking a plea deal, and his sister-in-law has also recanted statements implicating the brothers in the fire.
A judge will decide Thursday whether Wand can withdraw his pleas. If not, Wand will be sentenced later that day.
Armin Wand was sentenced to three consecutive life terms.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Monday closings due to weather