A teen from southwestern Wisconsin will soon learn whether he can withdraw his guilty pleas following a fire that killed his three nephews.
Prosecutors have accused 19-year-old Jeremy L. Wand of Argyle of helping his brother, Armin Wand III, set a house fire last year. The fire killed Armin Wand's three sons, ages 3 to 7. It also injured Armin Wand's wife and killed her unborn baby.
Jeremy Wand pleaded guilty in June to three felonies. But he now says he was pressured into taking a plea deal, and his sister-in-law has also recanted statements implicating the brothers in the fire.
A judge will decide Thursday whether Wand can withdraw his pleas. If not, Wand will be sentenced later that day.
Armin Wand was sentenced to three consecutive life terms.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp