LA CROSSE, Wis. -- La Crosse's Hixon Forest will once again host a hunt to help control the deer population.
The City of La Crosse is partnering with the North American Squirrel Association (nasa), Wisconsin DNR and Badger State Sportsman Club for the December 1 and 2 hunt.
Hunters with physical disabilities will hunt from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with guides. Hixon Forest will be closed during the hunt.
Click here to apply to take part in the hunt, or be a guide, or call Randy Hansen at 608-486-4088.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire