LA CROSSE, Wis. -- La Crosse's Hixon Forest will once again host a hunt to help control the deer population.
The City of La Crosse is partnering with the North American Squirrel Association (nasa), Wisconsin DNR and Badger State Sportsman Club for the December 1 and 2 hunt.
Hunters with physical disabilities will hunt from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with guides. Hixon Forest will be closed during the hunt.
Click here to apply to take part in the hunt, or be a guide, or call Randy Hansen at 608-486-4088.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser