LA CROSSE, Wis. -- La Crosse's Hixon Forest will once again host a hunt to help control the deer population.
The City of La Crosse is partnering with the North American Squirrel Association (nasa), Wisconsin DNR and Badger State Sportsman Club for the December 1 and 2 hunt.
Hunters with physical disabilities will hunt from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with guides. Hixon Forest will be closed during the hunt.
Click here to apply to take part in the hunt, or be a guide, or call Randy Hansen at 608-486-4088.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline