MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Candidates who want to challenge three Democratic state senators in recall elections this summer have until today to submit their nomination papers.
A state elections website says five people had registered as of Monday, but they still have to submit their final paperwork by 5 p.m. Tuesday and have it certified.
The Democrats being targeted are Sens. Jim Holperin of Conover; Dave Hansen of Green Bay; and Bob Wirch of Pleasant Prairie. If primaries are needed in any of those races they'll be held July 19 and the general election on Aug. 16.
Six Republican state senators are also being targeted for recall, for supporting Republican Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to remove collective bargaining rights from most public workers. The Democrats are being targeted for opposing those efforts.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests