MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding turkey hunters the deadline for applying for a spring permit is quickly approaching.
Hunters have until the close of business on Dec. 10 to enter a drawing for permits held in late January or early February.
Permit winners can buy start buying their licenses on March 6. Any permits leftover after the drawing will go on sale for the general public later that month.
Spring turkey hunting begins on April 6 with a youth hunt. The regular season starts on April 10 and consists of six seven-day periods that end on May 21.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student
- Man convicted of attempted murder faces trial in second case