MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding turkey hunters the deadline for applying for a spring permit is quickly approaching.
Hunters have until the close of business on Dec. 10 to enter a drawing for permits held in late January or early February.
Permit winners can buy start buying their licenses on March 6. Any permits leftover after the drawing will go on sale for the general public later that month.
Spring turkey hunting begins on April 6 with a youth hunt. The regular season starts on April 10 and consists of six seven-day periods that end on May 21.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December